Sunday, January 6, 2008

An International Company

It's been just over 10 months since I started my international work journey. It's been quite a challenge getting used to the size of the company, living in a new country and traveling around the world. As I look back at the last 10 months I can't believe how much we accomplished. None of it has really been seen yet because we work on the future years (next up Fall 2009) but it's clear we are making progress.

I chose to post about work because today I am in London, England. I traveled here and will go to Antwerp, Belgium tomorrow to meet with a few retailers. I think this trip shows just how international the company is. I'm traveling with a product manager from Germany, a designer from Poland and the head of running development who hails from Sweden. It's interesting to be walking around this international city with three people who have grown up in very different cultures. It's super fun to listen to the different point of views. The designer today was having trouble with understanding the English here. His English is great but he works with a couple Americans and a soft talking Aussie. I can understand how the British version is tough.

Tonight the four of us are going out for Thai or Indian food which should be easy to find and then we will try to find a pub that is showing the San Diego Charger Football Game.

It's a good life...
Dave

No comments: