Thursday, February 21, 2008

Bike Test

The picture above is the Jewell Training Facility. Really nice isn't it. Yes those are dog crates in the back and when on the bike the dogs sit in the crates and watch my back side. For some strange reason, my body clock has changed to 4:30am and I can't turn in off. It's not my mind running with crazy ideas, I just wake up. But I'm a bit tired by the end of the day. Who knows!

The Bike Test

Date Test Miles Avg. HR
1/20 #1 3.98 mi 153
1/20 #2 4.2 mi 153
2/21 #1 3.98 mi 157
2/21 #2 4.0 160

So you can see that I road relatively the same speed in all the tests but today the effort was much harder. I purposefully and not resting up for these tests so that might have something to do with it. The sleep thing too but I'm actually happy with the tests. I'm confident I can fix the effort thing with sleep and rest. It's good that the mileage didn't drop. This now gives me the speed at which I need to hit some medium steady state efforts. That combined with exessive hill repeats should make the March tests look different. I should also be able to get outside starting in a couple weeks. At least I hope so. Last year on March 3rd I rode 60 miles outside in warm conditions.

So like I said, I'm not resting. This test was done at 6:00 am today. At noon I ran 40 minutes with one of the guys and then did my 40 minutes of core work. Oh and yes, I worked all day, solving problems and giving a presentation late in the afternoon. All in a days work.

Tonight it's eat, play with Marco, Play the Guitar, Eat some more and maybe a glass of wine.

The big running test is tomorrow. Hopefully the conditions improve from today but if not, the test must go on.

It's a good life....
Dave

No comments: