Sunday, April 27, 2008

Shark Attack and a couple books

Dang, it's been a long time since I last posted. The trip to Panama, Mexico and Boston was good for business but way too long. I feel completely out of touch with Family, Germany and the world in general. So, this posting will be short.

Shark Attack
It's always scary to hear about a shark attack but it's 10 times worse when it's at a favorite swimming spot and it happened to a fellow triathlete. Now I don't know Dave Martin by name but I'm sure as soon as his picture is posted I'll know who he was. It's sad for his family and it's sad for the Tri Club of San Diego. That club has been hit by too much sadness over the last year. The loss of the club president and now this. From all the way over here in Germany the Jewell family is thinking of everyone in San Diego today.

Six Minutes to Freedom
I am probably way late on this book but my gosh, if you haven't read it, read it. This is the story of how Panama really got taken down by the US Special forces in the late 80's. It's not a war book though. It's about a guy who had a belief that his adopted country could be better. It's also a great Special Forces story but that comes late in the book.

The Day my Butt went Psycho
It's a book Marco read and I picked it up today. I've been laughing ever since. It's totally stupid but at the same time every guy should read this book and also let their 9 year old read it. The title is enough to let you know what this book is about. It's really well written, trust me.

No comments: