Sunday, March 15, 2009

I feel Like Bob Geldoff

Not the loving, caring save the world Bob Geldoff but the "I don't like Monday's" one. He wrote that classic song and now that's all I can think about. Maybe it was watching that show, This American Life, last night or maybe it's just actually my age but this Monday has hit me hard. The show followed 7 guys named John Smith all at different ages from 11 weeks old to 79 and in a Assisted Living home. It was a sobering look at life. Good Television too! That's not my point though. Today I woke up hard. I usually don't need the alarm, I wake up. Not today. In fact I struggled to turn that darn watch off. Then I took the first step, Ouch! Simultanious pain shooting through my low back and my left foot. Did I do too much yesterday? Maybe I did too little and my body is kicking me for this. Maybe I am old! In general I like to think of myself as the youngest 44 year old I know but maybe it's catching up.

No, just kidding around. Yes, it's Monday and Bob is singing away in my head. Yes, my back and foot hurt but no I'm not getting old. In fact as I sit here and type this I can feel all that stuff leaving my body. The fog in my head is gone, the pain in my foot is gone and after a few flip turns at the pool the pain in my back will be gone as well.

It's a good life....
Dave

No comments: