Monday, March 9, 2009

I say no more!

I asked my buddy Craig to share this with me. I say no more!

Lincoln and Corina
So I was asked to by Lincoln and Corina to reflect at their wedding about their love and find a literary passage that i felt spoke to it as well. A bunch of folks asked to have a copy (which might have just been them being polite). Doesn't need much more of an introduction than that i guess...
Plus One
When we first started talking about the wedding itself, it was on a run of course, I recall Lincoln letting me know that I would be allowed to bring a date. I was quite excited to have the glorious suffix "and guest" added to my name ("the good ol' plus one"). As we all know each person here represents a part of Lincoln or Corina's heart, each person is one whom they love and who loves them in return; each of us carrying a piece of their hearts with us as we arrived. And there is no greater expression of love than the sharing of love. How amazing that I should be offered the gift to bring someone into the love shared here today, not by my will but by the invitation of these two.
Sharing their love has been something they have practiced with one another for quite some time. Lincoln and Corina share in the other's passions and joy. It at times becomes hard to tell who has accomplished the goal because the other is so thrilled. It is a love that inspired Corina to run a marathon and Lincoln has an iron man coming up
Lincoln and Corina are joined in our minds and hearts such as only love can... seamlessly and without the sacrifice of either's full measure. They are so much a part of the other now; I even argue it is hard to say one name without immediate addition of the other. And here today we see their love and lives become one in marriage, though their hearts have been so since I have known Lincoln and Corina and perhaps since the pair has come to be.
And so here we are to celebrate the marriage of two people we all love so dearly and whose friendship we all treasure, I know to me they are family. And as we celebrate their union I think back to that good ol' plus one. And realized how blessed each Lincoln and Corina are to know that their plus one is forever set, that they will never have to fill that seat again or despair at its emptiness, that invitations from here forward will be addressed to "Lincoln and Corina", to "Mr. And Mrs. Davis" to a family- not individuals. And so it is in the marriage of two loving children, a cherished sister and a steadfast brother, and treasured friends that we see the union of two hearts always meant to be one.
I would love to say I have the words to describe this love or the time to tell you all how much I love these two and what I have seen to make me know that forever exists. Instead I will share with you the words of ee cummings

I carry your heart with me(I carry it inmy heart)
I am never without it(anywhereI go you go,my dear; and whatever is doneby only me is your doing,my darling)
I fearno fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)
I want no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows(here is the root of the root and the bud of the budand the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which growshigher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
I carry your heart(I carry it in my heart)
ee cummings

Words by Craid Vanderoaf - adidas running

It's a good life....
Dave

No comments: