Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lot's of Time

Sitting in the Airport in Amsterdam with nothing but time on my hands. Heading to Panama the long way this time. 3 hours here in Amsterdam than 5 hours in Newark and then a 5 hour flight to Panama. Roughly arriving 24 hours after I left the house in Grossenseebach. For some reason on these long flights my mind opens up. I have pages and pages of notes in my journal from long flights and long layovers. I guess it's time well spent if I can spend it reflecting on life that has happened or life I intend to happen. Personally I'd rather reflect foward than reflect back. Sometimes that is more difficult than it sounds but rarely do I reflect back on something that was outstanding. It's usually on misstakes I have made. So with that I give you my short list of foward refection for this trip:

1. Marco - He's growing up fast but fighting to stay that little boy. I want to support both with him.
2. Mary - That unreal dynamic wife of mine. So dynamic and yet so simple. I'm going to focus on the simple this trip.
3. Life - I think some thought on what it looks like 5 years from now is in order. I'm hitting a mid decade point in my life and 5 years from now will come fast. Crap, I can't believe I'm that old.

It's a good life....
Dave

No comments: