Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ouch, That Hurt!

Today was a bit crazy. Mary had a Half Marathon planned and Marco wanted to run the 2K before. So we packed up the car and headed to the event. Only rain would have made the weather worse. It was 6C and the wind was blowing. This made it seem much colder and there was no way to stay warm. Mary braved the 1/2 marathon in the wind and cold. Marco and I shivered waiting for her.

Then of all the crazy things, I rode my bike back from the race. 2.5 hours in that cold wind. I think I'm tired of layering on for the cold. Running or riding it doesn't matter. I'm probably still 6 weeks away from shorts on the bike and arm warmers are a must even in July. At least in the morning. On the run, maybe 3 weeks away from shorts. The guys are wearing shorts at noon but since I don't run in the middle of the day it's tights for me. Anyway back to the ride. It couldn't end soon enough which was exactly 2.5 hours. I didn't feel comfortable the entire way. Maybe I need new clothes. Maybe that's the problem. I had 4 layers on top. That makes for one tight fit on layer number 4. Anyway I got the thing done and then went for a 45 minute run. I felt like my legs were 70 years old on the run, but by the time I was done they felt ok. Again, I never really got warm on the run. The wind just took the warmth out.

Soon, it will be warm, soon it will be warm, soon it will be warm.

It's a good life.....
Dave

No comments: