Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pizza Meat

Every day is an adventure for lunch. The cafeteria at work affectionally known as Stipes (Get it, 3 stripes) is the adventure land. Like most cafeterias you are not sure what you are going to get. The Daily fair is something like this, Soup and Salad bar, International Fair (Thai, Mexican etc.), Regional Fair (Bavaria) and then Pasta. Since I am looking for lean protein for lunch I'm usually either in the International or the Regional fair. Yesterday as I entered Stripes (Through a rotating door that will take your foot or head off if you aren't quick) there was the standard long line for food. The pasta looked terrible and the Regional fair was Potato pancakes. The long line was my choice, Pizza Meat. Yes, that's right folks, pizza meat. I forgot to ask which country Pizza Meat comes from because it was in the international section. My guess is they hide it as American but I've been all over the states and even in the South I've never seen Pizza Meat. Pizza Meat is Chicken (isn't is always) stuffed with diced Salami and Pepperoni with cheese. Then they top it off like they do most of their meat with some kind of sauce (gravy). To tell you the truth, it wasn't all that good.

I wonder what today will bring?

It's a good life....
Dave

No comments: