Sunday, August 23, 2009

Highs and Lows

I mean really, we live in paradise. We had family visiting (Mary's Brother and Niece) from Chicago. Over and over he said wow this place is great. Running on the coast, going to the beach whenever we want. Heck tonight we went the to beach long enough to get wet, catch a wave and head home. You can do that when you live less than 5 minutes from the water.
But watching the Track and Field World Championships from Berlin I couldn't help but miss Germany. The Blue Track, the familiar streets of the Marathon course. I sat watching, wishing I was there in person. I actually would have been there at the Championships had it not been for the move.
So yes, there are lots of highs and the lows that creep in. Missing Germany simply tells me that it was totally worth the effort to live there. We were lucky to take that chance and make it work. We are extremely lucky to be able to live in paradise. You just can't beat Cardiff by the Sea California. Check it out on Google. It's that good.

It's a good life....
Dave

No comments: