Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas


Well I'm sitting here with the family at the San Diego Airport. We're on a 2.5hour flight delay and won't make our connection. I thought another Blog post was in order.
Among the many Christmas traditions we have in the family we reserve one no matter where we are and that one is to get outside and be active. Last year that meant cross country skiing in Slovenia. This year at home in Cardiff it means running. Below are pictures from the run.
I had some time to reflect while on the run. My thoughts jumped around from:
1. This is the first time in 45 years I haven't talked to Dad on Christmas Day. I'm not sure that is going to get any easier.
2. I thought a great deal about the people who aren't with their families or in their homes on this day. Mostly about those in Iraq and the Hindu Kush who are afraid every day for their lives. I hope they can find joy on this day.
3. I thought about my wonderful family. This run is called the Wedding Park Run. It has special meaning to us.
4. I'll let the pictures do the talking on the rest.

The view from the our Wedding Park. Not to bad.
This is the running path. To the right tracks and Pacific.
Christmas morning along the Pacific.
The Surf isn't big but why not just hang out there!
Chesterfield Hill. It will work you.
The view from the top of Chesterfield. If you think to turn around.
The View from the top of our street. Blue water in the back.

Merry Christmas to all.

It's a good life....
Dave

No comments: