Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What They Said

"We'd all be much happier if we magnified our blessings rather than our disappointments" - Abraham Lincoln

"We've become a nation of wusses. The Chinese are kicking butt in everything. If this was China do you think the Chinese would call off the game? People would have been marching down to the stadium and they would have been doing calculus on the way down." - Gov Ed Rendell

"Pockets are just mobile trash cans" - Marco Jewell

Finally some words every parent should remember
A Poem by Lee Fisher

A careful man I want to be,
A little fellow follows me;
I do not dare to go astray,
For fear he'll go the self-same way.

I cannot once escape his eyes,
Whatever he sees me do, he tries;
Like me he says he's going to be,
The little chap who follows me.

He thinks that I am good and fine,
Believes in every word of mine;
The base in me he must not see,
The little chap who follows me,

I must remember as I go,
Through summer's sun and winter's snow;
I am building for the years to be
That little chap who follows me.

Happy New Year to All!

It's a good life....
Dave

No comments: