Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunset on a Great Week


I woke up Monday morning dreading the coming week. My coach had loaded me up with a big week and I had a mountain of shoe color work to do. The week ended with the above Sunset and an entire week of learning:

What man actually needs is not a tensionless state but rather the striving and struggling for a worthwhile goal, a freely chosen task 
- Victor Frankl - Author Man's Search for Meaning

To Love, Be Loved and Never Stop Learning - Tim Ferris, 4 Hour Workweek

I stopped at a gas station to refill my water bottles. I set my bike up against a railing and went into the store for a Gatorade. When I cam out a long haired, concert t-shirt wearing, smoking skinning guy was checking out my bike:

Dude: How much does that weigh
Me: I don't know probably around 16lbs
Dude: You one of the triathlon guys
Me: Yeah, I guess everyone has to play something, It's what I like to play
Dude: I've got to find a new way to play, I used to go drinking but I even hate drinking now.
Me: There's got to be something out there.
Dude: I've got to find me a job first
Me: Bummer

As I mount my bike and say good by he yells "That thing must be a great Chick Magnet"

It's a good life.....
Dave

No comments: