Monday, June 13, 2011

Body and Mind

I'm a big believer in taking care of the body and the mind. There are many (Mary & Ani) who believe that maybe I over do the body part. And that's why I rely on the Wolf Studio (Not enough I know) and the ball in the photo below. On the plane that ball is my constant companion under my left cheek. In the car I used it on my left shoulder and I use it daily on all parts that are sore. It's amazing how much better I feel the next morning after a good going over with the ball. More pictures in the future. You can buy this ball at Trigger Point. This thing isn't just for athletes. Anyone with a little stress in their lives can benefit from the massage ball. 

For the head I use a great deal of sources. #1 is my wife Mary. She would probably say "When?" but it's daily. She's always pumping good things into my head. I read all the time. Great books, blogs, some news, and a few magazines. But probably most constant and just instantly emotional is music. When I need to wake up, get up, or just need a kick in the butt a good powerful song regularly delivers. Today it was Eminem "Lose Yourself" 
Yesterday Mary and Marco threw a surprise birthday party for me. It was a good time for sure. The best part of the day was when the neighbors from across the street showed up. Mario, Michelle and Geoff. They've lived there almost a year and because of all the crazy schedules nobody on our side of the street really knew them. Apparently Mario hung a shelf in my house but I think that's about it. Anyway it was great that they came over and now we all have a new friend. Totally random though is the shoe wall in Marios office at home. One day I'll get a picture but go figure. The shoe guy has a neighbor who is a shoe geek living across the street. His two favorite brands, adidas and Onitsuka Tiger. And from what I could tell he's got some history on that wall. Totally love it!

It's a good life....
Dave

No comments: