Monday, March 12, 2012

Oh My

Yesterday was long run day. There are many times on said long run day that I find myself lost in my own world. Checking out the area around me, doing everything but actually running. Running by the way is not just putting one foot in front of the other, it's mental too! Yesterday I had good run focus the entire day. I knew the last 4 miles were going to hurt (I planned that) and I knew that I needed to keep my head in the game or I would slack off to avoid the pain. When I got back to the coast highway I turned right and headed North. The highway was full of bikes as usual but all the bikes had "numbers" or something indicating that they were part of something organized. I hit the "View" with a small group of women on their bikes. One women gasped in awe of the view. That view is of Cardiff By the Sea, our home from Solana Beach.

Sometimes you concentrate on everything so much you forget why you do it in the first place. Take a second to take a step back and appreciate what you have. Yesterday was a good reminder of what we have in our life. It's just a place but Oh My what a place it is.

It's a good life.....

No comments: