Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Eating Clean

Eating food to me like many is a constant challenge. For many the question is, am I eating to much? For me most of the time is am I eating enough? For some the question is am I eating the right food and for me often because of all the travel I do I find myself pissed off that I've been eating poorly. And mostly that means I haven't been eating clean (Unprocessed real food).

One of my good friends and mentors is Chris Maund at the Chek Studios in Encinitas CA. To watch Chris eat is something special. He has his Protein, Carbohydrate and Fat mix down to a science. My favorite meal of all time to watch him eat and I'm sure it's still a couple times a week thing is Sardines and Bananas. Chris learned a great deal of what he knows about proper nutrition from his mentor Paul Chek. Before the buzz words of Functional Strength came to Cross Fit and everything like it, there was Paul Chek. His book How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy is by far the basis by which many trainers around the world base their methods.

The picture I remember most in that book is this one:
This is my test to see if I'm eating clean. If my toilet doesn't look like the Policeman daily then I'm not eating well and I'm not eating clean. And to further your education on why it's so important to have Policemen in your life read the book Inside Poop by Scott Web. If that doesn't change your mind about eating clean then you have every right to carry on what you are doing and deal with it when the problems come.

It's a good life...
Dave


No comments: