Monday, May 20, 2013

Encinitas Triathlon 2013

It is hard to pass up a race in the backyard. With an easy spin warm up I was at the start. I was home 20 minutes after I crossed the line.

The race always draws a good local crowd and big surf. The surf was especially big his time causing many to opt out of the swim. Personally twice I considered dropping out after being tossed by the waves. I manged to fight the urge and finish the longest 750 meter swim of my life.

The bike was flat and fast. A good redline effort. On the run I just went  from the start. at turnaround #1 I saw this guy in my agegroup hauling. I knew he would catch me which he did at turnaround #2. But he didn't pass. I ran the uphill strong with him on my heels. I thought if I could hold him off to the final turaround I could hurt more than him. At the turn I surged and then let him catch. I surged again and let him catch. At the catch with 600 meters to go I let loose and broke him. My little racing moment.

My third triathlon and fourth race this year. It feels good to race again.

it's a good life.....

No comments: