Monday, July 8, 2013

5 Things I Learned on My Paddle Board

Today was my maiden voyage on my new paddle board (SUP). I have been on a few different boards in California and on two islands in Hawaii. I was first introduced to this activity by entering a race. This was before stand up so we were prone or on our knees. So today was the first time on a Stand Up straight off the beach in my home of Cardiff by the Sea.

What I learned

  1. I love the water and SUP is a great way to enjoy it
  2. The guys and girls in Cardiff make it look easy. It is not and it will take time to negotiate surf and to get paddling strong.
  3. In the one race I did I took a few glances back towards the beach and sat in awe of the beauty. There is a peace being out there on a board. I felt that again tonight.
  4. A couple times a week and there will be no need to do any functional strength for Ironman. It's built in!
  5. Sea legs are important on the water. It's something that only practice can improve.

No comments: