Thursday, February 20, 2014

Gratitude Practice

One thing I've done this year differently is work on gratitude. The first thing I do every morning is write down who, and what I'm grateful for. I got the template from The New Man Podcast. Here's what it looks like:

People - Maybe somebody I interacted with the day before, someone I will be with that day or maybe someone I'm having a tough time with. I write down what's good about these people and why I'm thankful to have them in my life.

Opportunity - What's great about my life. This week we are teaching Zoot Universtiy to our new tech reps. I'm really thankful to have the opportunity to kick some ass with these new reps.

Experience - What great things happened the day before.

Things - My bike, running shoes and pools are often in here but so is the Sun, and the cool mornings. Dog walks (the walk is the thing), Bullet Proof Coffee

The end result is a calmer, happier day. People don't get on my nerves, and I take time to sit back and reflect on what a great life I have.

I highly suggest if you do one thing different the rest of this year, it's practice Gratitude.

It's a good life…..

No comments: