Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Product of the Week: The Water Bottle


The bottle is important. If you are buying water at the store you are paying more for the bottle than the water. And where does that bottle go. As much as we recycle in our household there are still a couple bottles that don't go to recycling. The picture below should be enough to stop the madness.   Europe has it right because you only pay for the water. If you turn the bottle in you get credit which really encourages you to recycle the bottle. 

The thing about this picture is that we the USA shop at 7-11, throw the bottle of water/sports drink in the trash and think nothing of it. Most of all we don't see it. But go around the world enough and you see it. 

But whats really important is the water. When I feel like crap for days the first thing I look at is my water consumption. I can generally find where I've been too busy or forgotten to drink often enough.  I take this bottle with me every where I go. I drink 32 ounces of water every day during the work day and more on work days when I travel. This is not it, I drink water when I wake up, for breakfast and for dinner. So all in all I drink 60-80 ounces of water a day. I weigh 145 lbs. When I feel like crap I can point to my water consumption almost every time. If I drink too much, I pee it out. If I drink too little I feel like crap so guess what I'd rather do. 

To reset. 
  1. Buy the bottle so you don't fill the world with plastic. 
  2. Fill the bottle every day and drink it empty. 
  3. Repeat daily
  4. You will feel better
It's a good life….


No comments: