Thursday, March 6, 2014

Top 5 Running Memories: My First Trip to China

My first trip to China had nothing to do with shoes and everything to do with running. I was part of a team hired to work at the Mild Seven Adventure race in Yunnan, China. Yunnan is in South Western China and as you can tell by the photo below it's quite beautiful and rugged.


My job was to scout the run courses, set them up and be the sweeper on each of the run sections during the race. So during the two weeks I was there I ran in the range of 150 miles. The most favorite run was one the days setting up a 15K race course that started at 13,000 feet, dropped down to 8,000 and then went back up to 9,000 feet. I was in the middle of a forrest by myself in China running on this spectacular trail. I stopped so many times just to soak it all in. I couldn't believe where I was, and what I was doing. I instantly fell in love with China. Who knew I would come back as many times as I have.

It's a good life….

No comments: