Monday, November 10, 2014

Let the Testing Begin

People always ask me "What are you training for?" My answer is always the same, "For the rest of my life".  But that is only half true. I need motivation just like anyone. I'm super competitive so generally I don't get motivated until I have a race or a few races on the calendar. Even then like the last couple years I may not actually be motivated to train for the races.

I decided to break my workout life into small manageable chunks. Right now I'm looking out 14 weeks. That's as far as I can think. Today started the 14 weeks and today started with a test on the bike. 40 minutes at red line. I used my new favorite app. Wahoo fitness app. Those of you in San Diego will recognize the map. It's the first time I've ever done a test there and I'm convinced it's the best place in the world. No wonder Ironman World Champion Luc Van Lierde did his long rides up to 120 miles behind a scooter on this island.


My results are my results. I have no idea how they stack up. My HR was 155. In 8 weeks or so I'll do this again. My goal is to be faster at the same HR. That's something I can work towards. 

It's a good life....

1 comment:

Ivy P said...

Veery nice blog you have here