Thursday, December 10, 2015

Thankful Thursday 12/10/15

These are the things that make me smile this week and say thanks:


  1. Masters Swimming didn't kill me today. I toughened up and was in the pool at 6:00am 3500 yards later and a few hours and I'm still cold. 
  2. The high of the run on Tuesday with Marco. Nothing better than that! 
  3. A world view. The headlines are troubling. If you just read the headlines it would appear that this country that I love so much is falling apart. Traveling around the world and seeing the struggles first hand of the people of the world makes me so thankful to be an American. We are lucky to have this country even with all of its faults. 
  4. Tim Ferris and his podcast - His interview with Jamie Fox was simply outstanding. Funny, heartwarming and the ultimate in living the American dream. 
  5. The local community. At every turn there is support. I ran into a long time swimming friend. She and I swam masters at Carlsbad, Solana Beach and now at the YMCA. Her oldest son joined the Army after a year in college and is now a Special Operator. She doesn't know my wife but offered full support for Mary as we enter the world of the US Military. 
It's a good life....

No comments: